And when I think about “happy thoughts” there is one thing that I usually do. I go to my old e-mails that I kept on my “laughter folder” and read them again so I can have a good laugh.
And here is what I found. I had this email before I got married and totally forgot all about it until now. I read it again and now it all makes sense to me more than the first time I read it because I can very much relate to it now than when I was still single. And of course I want to share these important and funny anecdotes about marriage so you too can have a good happy reflections. Some of you may already read it before or somewhere but still, I believe that you can still have fun reading it.
Here you go and may you have a good laugh.
What is Marriage?
1. Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence (a life sentence).
2. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind.
3. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor's Degree and the woman gets her Masters.
4. Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and suffering.
5. Married life is full of excitement and frustration: In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the aan listens. In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBOURS listen.
6. Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and then you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that instead.
7. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad? Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it.
8. Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her. Father: That happens everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!
9. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
10. They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defense.
11. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
12. Eighty percent of married man cheat in America, the rest cheat in Europe.
13. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin. They just can't face each other, but still they stay together.
14. Before marriage, a man 'yearns' for the woman he loves. After the marriage the "Y" becomes silent.
15. It's not true that married men live longer than single men, it only seems longer.
16. When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing - either the car is new or the wife is.
17. When married is base on trust, friendship, honesty, kindness and comradeship - you will be together until death and the next life in loved.
We sometimes do need some fun or make fun of things to spice them up. Marriage is a work-out and we need to build strong muscles to be able to stay strong and firm. We don't have technical support to operate our husbands but knowing how to handle good or bad situation is a good option. Having some happy thoughts surely do some magic to it.