These life's recipes are simple and common. Some of them are already known to us but we don't do them. Most of them we do know but already forgotten. And a lot of them are simple things that really make sense but we just don't make a big deal about them.
So here they are... our best recipes for the New Year.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for_________ _____'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this really matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.
22. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
23. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
24. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for_________ _. Today I accomplished_ ________.
25. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
26. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
There you go my friend. Have a happy New Year.